10 May Sautéed Grapes with Red Wine and Espresso
Serve warm as an accompaniment to roast meat or poultry.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot
- 2 cups British Columbia grapes
- ¼ cup brewed espresso
- ½ cup dry red British Columbia wine
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1½ tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tsp. butter
- In medium fry pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add shallot and sauté 1 minute or until softened.
- Add grapes and sauté 1 minute; transfer grapes to bowl.
- Add espresso, wine, cinnamon stick and honey to fry pan.
- Bring to a boil; boil 5 minutes or until slightly syrupy.
- Return grapes to fry pan and heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove fry pan from heat; add vinegar and butter, stirring until butter melts.
Makes 4 servings.