10 May Okanagan Grape Stuffed Chicken
- 1 broiling chicken, split in half
- 1½ cups coarsely crumbled cheese crackers
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup BC Grapes
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 egg well beaten
- few grains pepper
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt.
- Place on rack, skin side up, in shallow backing pan; dot with 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- Bake at 375 F (190 C) for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, sauté onion in remaining butter or margarine until golden.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix onion and drippings lightly with remaining ingredients.
- Remove chicken from oven; turn over.
- Pile grape stuffing onto chicken.
- Remove rack from baking pan, place chicken in baking pan.
- Bake 45 minutes longer basting occasionally with drippings.
Makes 2 generous servings.
Special note: To serve four, double amounts of all ingredients
If you use blue grapes it will colour the chicken, but the flavour is delicious!