10 May Grape Syrup
- 2 cups British Columbia Grapes
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Dash British Columbia Red Wine
- Heat grapes in a non-reactive pan (or microwave) until just before boiling.
- Let sit for 15 – 20 minutes to extract pigments from skins.
- Put through a sieve or cheesecloth to extract juice.
- Mix juice with sugar and cornstarch.
- Heat until boiling point and simmer until clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat and add wine.
Serve warm and enjoy.
Syrup can be refrigerated and rewarmed in microwave.