10 May Baked Okanagan Grape Pancake
A wonderful brunch dish the whole family is sure to love and it’s a snap to make! It’s also a good dinner meal accompanied by bacon or ham and takes less of the cook’s time than regular pancakes. This recipe serves 2 adults or 4 children. For four adult servings, double the ingredients and bake each batch in a separate pie dish at the same time.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Okanagan Coronation grapes
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) flour
- dash of salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Spray a 9-inch (23 cm) ovenproof glass pie dish with non-stick cooking oil.
- Sauté grapes, sugar and butter in skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until sugar is melted and grapes are well coated.
- Remove from heat.
- Add flour, salt, milk, and eggs to a bowl and beat with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add butter and grapes to glass pie dish. Pour egg batter evenly over grape mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until pancake is golden brown and puffy.
- Cut in wedges and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 2 adults or 4 children